Tuesday, December 1, 2009

winter's descending.


soon the trees will look like this ^^^
bold, brittle skeletons...
either pale with light or black sillouhettes.
people are like this, at times. especially in winter.
two sides of a brittle, bold skeleton. now pale, now black.
always sturdy, always breakable.

I haven't ended my thanksgiving. Not quite. I have a wealth of thankfulness - too large for a single day...

I am thankful for a select few people in my life I count as "close." I count closely, that count.
not only because they open up a love in me and love me in return, not only because they make me laugh when I'd rather act destructively, not only because they teach me wisdom and patience and virtue.

...but because they are allowing me, each day, to become who I am.

I'm an epic ways away from stagnation, and I don't have myself to thank for that.
I feel blessed to be surrounded by people who see me in terms of my potential.


No comments:

Post a Comment