Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I like exploration and hibernation in equal amounts.




I have been in Austin for almost four months, and not a single blog. It seems I only come here when I am frustrated/sad.

I want to be better than this. I want to write about progress. About blank slates and possibility and awaking and achieving. I am focusing on none of the above, today.

It's been kind of rough, honestly. I'm glad we moved here, but I can feel myself hardening/aging in a way I didn't/couldn't in Montana. I can't decide if that is good or bad, so for now it simply is.

I have a lot to say, but not right now. Right now I'm waiting on a call back on a job offer.

Next time I blog, I will blog in the a.m. before the coffee has worn off. I am feeling deflated right now, but life is good. Chris and I got a puppy, I'm wearing a summer dress in the middle of November, and Blonde Redhead plays in a few weeks. I moved here because my key ingredients to happiness are live music and sunshine. Add a loving boyfriend and a puppy with dicey judgment to the mix and it's truly the life I've chosen.

1 comment:

  1. I think that wearing a summer dress in the middle of November is a pretty good reason to feel happy. :-) Not that I will be following your example. ;-)

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete