Sunday, December 26, 2010

Jesus Walks, but not in ATX

what is the use of traditional adages and proverbs when we disregard them completely in favor of our anger and suspicions? would you feed a man if he told you he was hungry? is that the Christian thing to do?

what if I told you he was thief?
or a liar.

a drug dealer.

a scammer.

is he still a hungry man?

this one is a little out of the park for me- to make such a religious reference, because I favor spirituality over religion. religion doesn't appeal to me not because of its message, but the stigma and message of its misguided construed by its followers and their interpretations. Jesus sought to deliver a message-- in its traditional form most of us are familiar with anyway.

so in this ... What would Jesus do?

Jesus the teacher, Jesus the kind, Jesus the merciful son of God- he'd feed a hungry man, would he not?

would he feed a hungry thief?

a hungry liar?
wat about a hungry man who had committed every sin in the book
I mean, are you supposed to judge them first, use your own discretion?
is that part in the Bible? --sorry, I just... I don't know how Jesus makes those kinds of judgment calls...

learn. everyday. your thoughts are important; your words are powerful; but your actions-- I hope that your actions will remember your proverbs.

it's not about what Jesus would do.

it's about what you will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment